Debating the Future
A proliferation of online programs fuels discussion on the direction of paralegal
By John Caldwell
Are You Riding A Fine Line?
Learn to identify and avoid issues involving the unauthorized practice of law.
By Debra Levy Martinelli
What you need to consider before you retrain.
By Judy Tremore
2001 Index to Articles
Your guide to last year’s collection of Legal Assistant Today articles.
A Legal Team’s MVP
Bank of America’s Theresa (Terry) Irvin, CLA, proves to be indispensable.
By Lincoln Brunner
Short-term legal assistant programs harm the paralegal profession.
By Robert J. LeClair
- Hawaii High Court Orders Paralegal Fees Paid
- County Bar Sets Arizona Precedent
- California Bar President Calls for Tougher UPL Law
- Door Opens to Paralegals
- ABA’s Definition Attracts Another Legal Assistant
- Missouri Gets Serious About Paralegal Regulation
- Paralegal Managers Get Head Start
- NALA’s CLA Exam Changes, Refines Format
- Impoverished Get a Virtual Hand
- Paralegals Help Revitalize Brownfield
- Specialties Your Mother Hasn’t Told You About
- 110-Year-Old University Gets on Board the Information
- One Stop Shopping
Staying on Top of Courtroom Technology
Trial evidence is getting a new look.
By Dwayne E. Krager
Legal Research & Writing
Panel of Peers
Crafting jury instructions is challenging, but with a thorough knowledge of the
subject you can overcome jury jitters.
By Celia C. Elwell, RP
SPECIAL – Exclusive to the LAT Site
Legal Research & Writing Column
Above All, Use Plain
Crafting jury instructions is challenging, but
by using simple, clear language you can improve your juror’s comprehension.
By Celia C. Elwell, RP
Life Outside of the Private Law Firm
Tips for making the transition into
the corporate world.
By Michele Driver
Basic planning can help you market your
By Kathleen Call
Your Search Begins Today
Tips for landing that first paralegal job.
By Susan Howery
Paralegal managers play an important role in helping their staff cope with the
stressful work environment.
By Elizabeth A. Giles
The Countdown Is Done
Trial Day has finally arrived, but the work is far from complete.
By Jane Heath
Pro Bono Spotlight
A Day of Terror, A Lifetime of Recovery
A Washington, D.C. paralegal shares her Sept.11 volunteer experience.
By Lori Thompson
How to Contact Us